Learning to set healthy boundaries with family members and people who we interact with regularly is important to all relationships. In fact, setting them is how we show compassion towards ourselves and others close to us. Here is an example of setting healthy boundaries: a friend of yours says or does something that bothers you. Take the time to express yourself constructively and then, when appropriate, tell your friend what they did that upset you. If they are a good friend, they will listen and let you know they understand your point of view and honor it. Try it and once you start, you will want to do it repeatedly with people you care about. By practicing this, you will surround yourself with people who inspire uplift, and have your best interest in mind. Use your intuition to guide you throughout this process by tuning into how you feel about what to say and when to say it. You will be surprised to see what positive results you will get.
Here is a visual exercise for you:
- Find a place where you can be quiet and undisturbed.
- Imagine yourself as the sun in your own personal galaxy.
- Breathe comfortably.
- Decide who is in this space, who gets to stay, and who needs to be booted out.
- Your galaxy includes only those who love and respect you.
- Imagine a healing light.
- Use it to protect and insulate yourself.
- Continue to breathe gently.
- Visualize a high-vibrating color like white, gold, purple, pink, or blue.
- Surround yourself with the bubble of light, and sense that it is there.
- See your light shine.
- When you are ready, return to the room where you started.
Protect the inner reaches of your personal galaxy:
Consider family friends and strangers who you meet for the first time. Do you get a good or bad feeling about them? If they don’t belong in your galaxy, picture shooting them beyond the outreaches of the galaxy. You oversee who you surround yourself with. If you walk into a room and get a negative vibe, respect that it’s your intuition talking. There are many people to connect with. You’re in charge of the galaxy surrounding you.
If you want to learn how developing your intuition can help you with this process, please visit my website and learn more about my intuition development classes and programs. I look forward to hearing from you. Reach out to me through my website if you have questions about signing up.